KITCHEN SINKS CARE
Your ANUPAM sink is made from the finest nickel bearing stainless steel. The beautiful and elegant finish of your ANUPAM product can match any colour scheme, any decor. Your ANUPAM sink is solid stainless steel and with proper care and maintenance, will give you a lifetime of service.
Above all, the most important advantage of stainless steel sink is that it is easier to clean. Even though, the name of this alloy is 'stainless', it does not imply that its products are stain-proof. Hence, a stainless steel sink can get stained and lose its shine and needs regular cleaning to retain its beauty. Let us go through some easy ways of cleaning a stainless steel sink.
- If your kitchen sink is lightly stained, clean it with soap water and allow draining. Wipe and dry the surface with a paper towel. You can use some oil to bring back the lost sheen. Pour some drops of oil on a clean cloth and polish the surface with it.
- In case of a highly-stained kitchen sink, you can use a stainless steel cleanser for cleaning. First, rinse the sink with hot water and then scrub it with a sponge containing the cleanser. Use a soft brush (or toothbrush) to clean the faucet and the areas around it. After scrubbing, wipe the sink and rinse it with water. Make sure that the cleanser is removed completely, otherwise it can leave spots. Use a clean cloth or towel to wipe and dry the sink.
- Sometimes, you may notice fingerprint marks on your kitchen sink. It can be removed by spraying glass cleaner on it and wiping with a paper towel or clean cloth. In case of tough stains like paint, use commercial polishers, specially made for stainless steel products.
- Do not leave acid foods or food containing high concentration of salts sitting on the sink surface for a long time. This can spoil the finish and cause stains.
- Always note that while cleaning, it is critical that you rub in the direction of the grain lines of the sink, rinse and towel dry.
- DO NOT USE an abrasive cleaner or cloth on sinks as it will permanently scratch the finish.
- Do not use acid, chemical cleaner to clean your sink, as they could damage the sink.
- Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface.
- Do not allow cleaners to soak.
- Clean stainless steel sinks at least once a week.
- Do not use a steel wool pad, wire brushes, abrasive sponge pads to clean your sink. If a more abrasive product is needed, use a scotchbrite Pad. Steel wool pads have a tendency to break apart and small particles of steel can become embedded in the surface of the sink. The steel particles will rust and will give the appearance that the sink itself is rusting.
- Do not use sink as a cutting board or chopping block. Knives can create deep scratches and may spoil the original finish.
- Do not leave standing solutions of chlorine, bleach and water in the sink for extended periods of time. Chlorides, which are found in most detergents, bleachers and cleansers, are very aggressive to steel. If left on the sink to long they can cause surface pitting. If used, rinse the surface thoroughly to prevent corrosion.
- Do not Leave wet sponges cloths, or cleaning pads on the sink. This can lead to surface rust.
- Always make it a point to rinse the kitchen sink after use and wipe dry with clean cloth.
- Do not set hot pans directly into the sinks. If this has to be done, make sure to open the faucet and let the cool water prevent any potential damage.
- The quality of your water can affect your sinks appearance. If your water has high iron content, a brown surface stain can form on the sink giving the appearance of rust. Additionally, in areas with high concentration of minerals, or with over softened water, a white film may develop on the sink. To combat these problems, we suggest that the sink be towel dried after each use, and again on a weekly basis, the sink should be cleaned.
NOTE: Success with cleaners and procedures is dependent upon such factors as the hardness and temperature of the water. Since there are variations in these factors, Anupam cannot guarantee effectiveness of the listed procedures.